Pages

8.26.2009

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

A little while ago, Shawn's hours got cut to four days a week. He arranged it with a friend to have a 4-day weekend every other weekend... so when my parents said they were going on a wild west RV tour, I mentioned that we could meet in Vegas... mostly so Shawn and I could go on a date! Turns out, he got his hours back, thank goodness! But we still went up to Vegas at the last minute. We should have probably just stayed home... things didn't work out to well for us... but we got some fun pics!

Westward ho! This wagon was in the parking lot of the McDonald's in Wickenburg, AZ.


Stopping at the Hoover Dam for some photo ops... notice the construction in the background... the dam is apparently not doing so well... they don't allow big trucks or buses to go over it anymore and they limit the speed and traffic of all the cars. They're building a huge bridge to by-pass it, but it's behind schedule apparently - the signs said it was to be completed in like the Fall of 07 or something...


They were just missing one piece of the arch while we were there... thanks to my super public school education, I know that the center piece of the arch is what makes it all work. :-)


This picture is from underneath the bridge... look how tall it is! And we of course were already pretty high up on top of the dam.


We had some time to kill while we waited for my parents to make it from Cali to Vegas, so we took the opportunity to pose in front of the vegas sign (I had never done it before!) and yes... Lucy is part of the family, even if Shawn thinks otherwise.


Kai got to hang out with Pop-pop (that's what she's calling him these days) and Gamma while Shawn and I had our date night. Apparently she didn't have too much fun here:


Can you blame her, I mean, there's a creepy clown in the car with her! And the last photo is a self-portrait of my man and I... strip style.


It was nice to get away from house-hunting for a while! Too bad we didn't win any money to help buy one! :-)

No comments: