Pages

8.17.2009

First Visit Back to Texas!


So Kai and I made the journey to Texas without Shawn back at the end of June. The flights went well, we had a whole row to ourselves on the way there and Kai slept the whole way back. That being said, I'm not sure I'll ever take a toddler on a 3 hour plane trip alone by myself again! You should have seen me at security... stroller, diaper bag, toddler, taking mine and Kai's shoes off! It was insane. Here are some photos of our journey!

Daddy and Kai waiting at the airport before our flight.


And here's our big girl all buckled up! Actually, she rode in my lap, but I took this before we took off. Look how excited she is! :-)


When we got to Texas, Kai stayed a couple of days with her grandparents and I went on a little road trip down to Port A with the girls.

Here we are walking down the super long boardwalk to the beach...


I'm not sure what they were looking for... I mean, it is the Gulf of Mexico.


After a fun-filled few days, we headed back to the big D for a couple of nights before returning to Phoenix. It was the longest I had been away from Kai and maybe even Shawn... and I'm happy to report that I missed them both, even Shawn. :-)

We were fortunate enough to meet up with my old teaching buddies at Northpark. Here is Kai enjoying a Tiggemantastic puppet show


Couldn't leave without a group shot. See how we've multiplied!


Our last night back home took us to the *NEW* Irving El Fenix (AKA old Don Pablo's) for some Tex-Mex.


Kai was excited to see uncle Matt and aunt Rita!


It was a great trip and we look forward to our next trip home in just a few weeks! Shawn's coming this time... and probably Lucy too. :-)

No comments: