Pages

2.08.2008

february and full term

Sorry it's been so long since an update!

Well, I'm officially over 37 weeks - which means full term and officially on "maternity leave!"

We had our appointment Wednesday, with ultrasound because baby is big... she was weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds! Yes, with three weeks to go. Sooooo... we're going back on Wednesday (the 13th - happy birthday Maria D!) for another ultrasound. If she's 4500 grams (that's 4.5 kilos - or about 10 pounds)... they can induce or schedule a c-section. I've battled with this decision since Wednesday, but will probably take the latter route... we'll just have to see. This is assuming she doesn't make her debut before then - which is also a possibility because I'm already dilated to a 2. Of course, all that means is that i have 8 cm to go.

So... we still haven't settled on a name... but the nursery is pretty much complete (minus a rocking chair/glider, a crib mattress, and some wall decorations)... AND the big news is that Shawn has been working super hard to get the bathroom finished and it looks awesome (even though it's not 100% just yet).

Here are some pics:

Shawn, Eddie and Richard putting up sheetrock in the baby's room




Shawn "changing" his first diaper at our class:



My coworkers and my big belly at our work shower:



Shawn working on the bathroom tile:



Shawn's very proud of his dresser remake (it does look pretty good, doesn't it?)



More to come soon (including bathroom and complete nursery)... keep checking in!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Suz,

I'm so excited and happy for you! I will be praying for your health and the baby's health, too. I can't wait to hear about her safe arrival!

Love you,
Bonnie

Laura said...

Hi Suzanne (and Shawn)! I am so excited to hear about the baby! You are too cute, by the way. I just can't get over seeing my friends with pregnant bellies. Your house is looking great too. I'm praying for you guys!

Laura =)

DK said...

wow, you're going to be a MOM real soon. very cool. um, I like the name Sophie a lot and Sophie Spears is a VERY cute name. :)